Search This Blog

June 2, 2011

Tool work today

Not much going on yet today. I am starting a new Shimai, but needed to get some things finished with my little tools first. Here's a pic.

 
I needed to make a strong handle for my eyebrow comb. I use this when I wig the dolls, and I am breaking them all the time. I've gone through 3 of them just in the past two months, so I figured I'd better get this taken care of before it was time to wig the new Shimaii.
Under that are just my brushes. I got these nail brushes from a website called Suntek or something like that. They came from china, great price. But the nibs like to fall off the handles. So That's all I did here, was use the Fix-it sculpt to make sure that didn't happen anymore.

The bottom tool is built on a toothpick. I'm going to use that for the eyes on my new Shimaii. All these tools should be ready to use in about 30 minutes. They've been sitting a couple of hours.

 
Just wanted to show a closeup of the bottom end of the eyebrow brush. It's got the soft brush which works for putting on powders. I carved dragon scales into the end as well, hoping that maybe I can use it to texture a chibi or two.

That's it for now. More updates as I get things done :o) 

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment