Search This Blog

June 2, 2011

Melting Temperatures of Household Items

Remember Phoebe's brother on Friends? His hobby was melting stuff, and his interests were in watching stuff melt. He he he....Funny stuff. I wish I really knew him though because I'm constantly finding myself trying to figure out the temperature that many common items melt as so I know whether I can use it with my polymer clay or not.

I thought I'd start this post, and return to it often and add any information I find as I find it. That way I can share the info with anyone who needs it.

shrink art......................................................275-325
nylon...............................................................510
polyester...........................................................490
hot glue (low temp).................................................250
hot glue (high temp)................................................380
friendly plastic....................................................200


The temperatures that I have verified are highlighted.

No comments:

Post a Comment