Search This Blog

May 22, 2011

Jessica of True Blood is Finished

I had a lot of fun making this doll. And learned quite a bit through the steps. I will tell you some of the things that I learned while making this little doll. But before I do that, I'll share some pictures.
Here is a finished picture of Jessica.
chibitude
I love the way that her eyelashes came out. I used a dark brown for her first layer of lashes, then a lighter brown for a second layer, and then an even lighter brown for the last layer. I think this looks very good on a red head.
chibitude
Her little shoes were obviously  made from polymer clay. I used Studio by Sculpey clay for them because the color of this clay is so vibrant and I didn't have to mix it. I learned that by putting a light layer of Sobo glue on the baked foot it made the Studio by Sculpey stick nicely. :o) That was a good thing.

Her barrette was made simply by printing out a lovely pattern, gluing it to cardstock, and then covering with packing tape.

chibitude
Her curls were fun to do. I used a straw cut in little pieces and straight pins to hold it in place.

chibitude
When I was finished I used Freeze It hairspray to style and shape the curls. Not all of them went in the direction I liked so I re-curled them using a paintbrush handle, some rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle, and my Freeze It.

chibitude
In this picture you're looking at Jessica's hair with a part that runs from ear to ear. Don below her hair, that is loose hair that I ratted together in my hands to make that shape. The reason? To glue across the part. There's a reason for that too, which I'll show you in the next pictures.

chibitude
Here, the ratted part is glued on. The reason that I did this was first to add some bulk to her hair style and also to have an area to needle felt into.

chibitude
To pull the front of her hair back into her pretty hair style, I twisted it and then needle felted it down.

chibitude
Once that was done I used needle and thread to secure in place.

I had a lot of fun making this doll. Thanks for hanging out with me :o) xo Maddy

No comments:

Post a Comment