Search This Blog

August 14, 2011

WIP Kawai Shimai Tinkerbell 5

Here it's hard to tell what I'm doing, but I thought I'd explain because it might help some people. There are different kinds of liquid clay. Kato Liquid Polyclay , Translucent Liquid Sculpey, Fimo Gel, Studio by Sculpey Bake-n-Bond. And each one has a different result when used.
Here I'm using two different kinds of liquid polymer clay. Over her skin, I'm using translucent liqud sculpey (TLS) and over her shoes I'm using Fimo Gel. Fimo Gel has a slight shiny appearance when baked, and it's slightly sticky like rubber is. I'm going to apply a pretty green mica powder to her shoes after they're baked, and Fimo Gel leaves just the right amount of tackiness for this. Over her skin, I'm using TLS because it has a very matte appearance when cured. I like this look for the skin. They both at the same temperature for the same amount of time so this isn't an issue, although painting them to butt up against each other was a challenge...LOL We'll see if I succeeded in about 16 more minutes. :o)

To see all posts of this doll, visit the link below:
http://espiritmaddy.blogspot.com/search?q=tinkerbell

No comments:

Post a Comment