Search This Blog

August 14, 2011

WIP Kawai Shimai Tinkerbell 4

Been working on Tink today and we're having a much better time. I started by making some pretty gold and green wings for her, but we both decided that they weren't what she was looking for. Here's a picture of the first wings that we changed our minds on:
So I started on some other wings. Back in the day------------waaaaaaaaaaaay back, I used to make wings and sell them. And there were all kinds that I made, so I pulled out some of my old techniques and created these for Miss Tink. We both like them very very much!
The next thing that we're working on is a little piece of "home" that she can take with her to her new destination. This is the beginning of what will be both her base and doll stand.
I'm using multiple materials to work on this. I started with two index cards and made a box and a random shape for the bottom. Taped it together, and then began to cover it with two part epoxy.
The first epoxy stuff I used was my favorite kind, Loctite brand. And then because it just sets up so fast and I was feeling anxious...LOL I decided to do the rest of it with my other favorite kind...Fixit Sculpt. That's why you see two different colors. The Loctite is kind of light blue and sets up in about 5 minutes total. The Fixit has a little bit of a yellowish/greenish tint and sets up in 1 to 4 hours. Much easier to work with if you're patient enough to wait for it to set up.

Next on my agenda is that I'm going to redress Tink. I don't like her outfit. I like the idea of it, just not the execution of the design. I'm going to remake it with some different materials so that it's more delicate, and more figure forming.

Tinks little shoes are giving me fits too, because the paint keeps chipping off while working on her. I'm going to redo that as well, and cover them with a nice coat of TLS so there will not be any more concerns with that. I'm going to have to take her wig back off in order to do this, but I think it will be worth it.

Sometimes when I'm working on a doll, if there's one thing I'm not crazy about and I don't stop, but just keep moving forward I find that I stall. That's the case with Tinks dress. She's got such a cute face. Her dress shouldn't be so chunky.

Okies...That's it for now. Back to work for me!

To see all posts of this doll, visit the link below:
http://espiritmaddy.blogspot.com/search?q=tinkerbell


No comments:

Post a Comment